Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

I know I said I was going to give myself Friday of....but I didn't.  I'm STILL sore from that workout...good sore though.  I didn't have to be at work on Friday until 6, and since my boss is the BOMB and lets me off at 3 on Fridays (and pays me to 4), I had time when I got home to workout.  I took full advantage and got in a weights workout at the house.  I did shoulders/chest/abs.  Great workout!

I took Saturday off and slept in with the hubs and then went to breakfast before work.  After work the hubs and I watched our friend and his band play and met up with some friends for some food and spirits at Primebar.  Brass Tap was having an Octoberfest street party event so we sat outside and watched a little football (Poor Florida...) and did some people watching. It was beautiful outside! I was in shorts and a little top and was wishing I had a jacket....the weather was awesome!
The hubs and I listening to some music!

On Sunday, the hubs went to ride his dirtbike with his dad so I had the morning to myself before work.  I decided to test out running on an empty stomach.  I planned on a 5 mile run and since I didn't get started until after 9:30 I decided I would take my fuel/hydration belt.  I hate wearing it but know that I need to so I got everything ready and headed out by 9:40 AM.  It was a beautiful morning but still got really hot even at that time!  I learned a few things on this run.

1.   I do really well running in the morning on an empty stomach.

2.   I cannot forget to take my beta blocker...if I do then I will pay during a run.

3.   Remembering to take a gel mid-run really will help!

New running gear!

I ran a total of 5.42 miles in 59:25.  For me, that was a very good run and much faster than my runs have been lately, especially being that it was longer than the others and still faster.  Strange, but I def think it has to do with running early.  It is so hard for me to work all day and then try to come home and get a good run in.  I really need to start going to bed early so that I can get up in the morning to run.  I just HATE that will mean getting up at 4 AM to run...ugh!  Anyway...back to Sunday's run.  At about mile 2 I was feeling good and plugging right along and I glanced at my HR....it was at 188! Oops! Up to this point I was doing a run 1 mile/walk 1 minute split and was just under a 10:00/min mile pace.  I usually do a 5 minute/30 second split but changed it up for this run since I felt so good.  Well, I realized that I had forgotten to take my beta blocker on Saturday, which I think is what was causing my super elevated HR.  Normally, when I take my meds daily, I won't get over 168, even if I'm running a fast pace.  I felt fine though and didn't want to start making more stops, but as I neared mile 3, my HR had climbed to 193.  I decided it would be wise for me to get my HR down, so at mile 3, I stopped running and walked for 4 minutes and got it down to 160 before I started running again.  I also took a Hammer gel at mile 3.  It took almost a mile for me to really feel the effect of the gel but man did I.  I probably could have run a few more miles...I felt that good.  Had to get to work though.  All in all....fantastic run...even with the HR issues.  
Run is done!!! Felt awesome!

Wow....what a super long and boring post...sorry! But it helps me to get this all down and keep myself accountable.  Super happy with this week....only took one day off and got some miles in.  My goal for this next week will be to get in a few more miles and have a longer run.  Less than 4 weeks to my half marathon...and I want to be ready on race morning!

No comments: