Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Massage!

I purchased two massages back in April through a Groupon.  They were about to expire the end of the month.  Why I waited all this time to actually use them is beyond me, but they needed to be used or lost!  They were for two 50 minute relaxation massages.  The hubs and I met at the shop after work and I think he was looking forward to it as much as I was.  When they called us back, I got the younger, fit looking girl.  The hubs got the older, plump woman.  Works for me...

I got in the room, stripped to my undies (I brought full-butt boy shorts for the occasion) and got ready to be fully relaxed.  Well, although I was fully relaxed and the massage was "nice", I felt like I was in a constant state of wanting just a little more.  I guess I could have asked for more pressure but since the Groupon was for a relaxation massage, I didn't want to break the rules but asking for deep tissue.  It was nice.  That's it...just nice. Funny thing though during the massage...I have some stinky feet.  I'll admit it.  Along with what you may have learned yesterday about my feet they also smell.  My brother-in-law likes to say it's a family thing since apparently my sister suffers from the same stank feet.  Whatev!  It doesn't matter what I do, they tend to smell and especially if I have worn shoes with no socks.  Which brings me back to my story....I had in fact worn these cute little shoes that day...no socks (read: confined sweaty feet).  I was so relaxed, but as the therapist started working her way to my feet, I started to get a little nervous...."would she touch them", "are feet included in this massage", "do they still smell", etc.  Well, something worse happened.  As she began to massage my shin/calf, she bent my knee and braced my leg against herself.  Now, I am face down on a table...I have no idea where she braced it, but I am fairly certain that it was up against the front of her shoulder...with my ankle about ear level....that poor chick was just breathing in the sweaty grossness of my toes.  I wanted to laugh so bad, but didn't dare...my calf needed the attention so I didn't want to give her an excuse to quit early.  And...in the end...she did massage my feet and it was wonderful.  I'm glad that was the last thing she did though...I wouldn't want her touching me anywhere else after having her hands on those babies!

All in all I was happy with my experience.  For what I paid vs. what I received, it was a great deal.  Now...the Hubs? He got an amazing deal.  I was done, dressed, sipping water in the relaxation room for almost 20 minutes before he came out!!! We both went back at the same time too....so not fair.  He said that the lady was huffing and puffing from the very beginning and told him he was so tense she was going to have to do deep tissue just to loosen him up to be able to work on him.  So he not only got a longer massage but a deep tissue at that! He deserves it though and I'm so glad he had a good therapist and a wonderful experience.

We followed up our massages with a fantastic sushi dinner at Bonsai.  It was wonderful.  We love eating there but usually spend so much money that we save it for special occasions.  Well since we are trying to be a little more frugal these days, we opted to alter our "usual" selections for some less expensive ones.  We seem to like all the "special" rolls that are in the $10 -$12 range.  So we picked 4 different options in the $5 -$7 range and although they were NOT as good as our usual faves, they were still delish and we were thankful we got a sushi date AND watched our spending.  If you ever get a chance to visit Bonsai in Wesley Chapel, here are a few of my faves I recommend: Sexy Man, Crispy, Waikiki, Volcano. Done! 

Now...I know I said yesterday that I was going to run last night....that didn't happen.  I am so mad at myself too! I did so great the first week and now this week is shot to...well you get it.  This weekend is going to be a planning weekend for me...outfits, lunches, gym bag....so that I stick with it next week.  Gym in the AM: Monday and Wednesday! That means out the door by 4:40 AM (shoot me now).  Check back to keep me accountable on that one!

I work all weekend at my part time job...lets hope people are out spending money and tipping their servers well!!! I am taking my little sister to a fall festival on Saturday and I'm really looking forward to that.  It's at a horse farm and I LOVE horses (had one growing up...case you didn't know).  There will be hay rides, games, petting zoo, pony rides, costume contests and CANDY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So did you get up and head to the gym this morning?? Thought I'd check in and see....

Lydia - Running Wild(er) said...

I didn't!!!! In my defense...I had some "stomach" issues through the night and just didn't feel like getting up when the alarm went off...TMI? Thanks for keeping me accountable though!