Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Running, sweaty bands and hair!

I am really proud of myself that I actually got this run in...not proud that it was only about 4 miles.  Oh well.  The hubs wanted to go out to dinner since I work Friday night and we won't be able to do date night.  He knew I wanted to get my run in so he relented and said we could go late....such a doll! Total run was 3.92 in 43:06.

I like the route I planned because there is really no changing your mind and shortening the run once you get about a mile in so I knew I would get my miles in.  But halfway through I was just dying...no clue why.  I pushed through though and the last half was much better.  I actually enjoyed the last half.  Except for the gnats...ugh.  I swear I get a head start on my muscle recovery eating by the amount of gnats I probably consume during my evening runs...so gross! And when I get back and look in the mirror they are stuck all over my face, arms...it really is disgusting.  I told the hubs I was going to start wearing my hunting fly cover face thing for my runs to avoid eating the gnats....I'll be sure to take a picture of THAT for you to see.

On to the good stuff: sweaty bands!  I am totally in love with SkinnyRunner (you should totally check out her blog...she is hilarious, a fantastic runner, beautiful, a Christian and you will be addicted too) and I found out about Sweaty Bands through her blog.  I have NEVER been able to find a band that stays put.  I don't know if its my hair or the shape of my head but they never stay and I wish they would.  I hate taking my rubber band out a million times to re-do my ponytail to fix all the flyaways.  So I thought I would give these a try and I am so glad I did!!! Truly they do not slip.  I used it for the first time on my run last night and it didn't move...it was wonderful!!! And they have a million styles and sizes to pick from.  I just bought one to try since there was no point getting more if they didn't stay on my head.  Of course I bought one that says 13.1 since I'm training for another half.  But I cannot wait to go order more now. Check out the site and order some....they are super cute and you won't be disappointed in how they "stick"!
Here is mine!
I took a picture of me post run with it still in place...but I will admit that I am way too vain to put it up.  I was still a gross, sweaty mess so you will NOT be seeing that picture...but I promise...it was still holding strong!

Next up: new hair!  Wow....I wasn't really sure HOW dark I was going and thankful its not the permanent stuff.  I say thankfully because I'm not sure the hubs loves/likes it.  When I washed my hair and got out of the shower I was like....oh boy! But today, after straightening it and constantly checking myself out in the mirror, it is really growing on me.  I know if will fade some and I think I will like it even more once it does...and I think I will like it this dark minus the red.  So my final say is: good decision.  Its fun for fall and I hurt no one (animals included) in the process.  The hubs will get use to it (I hope).


I love Fridays! My recap of the week: I'm happy that I have worked out 4 days and although I will probably not get a workout in today, I am okay with that.  I will let today be my "off" day.  I have to work at my part-time job tonight and I won't be home until LATE so there will be no evening run.  Tomorrow I am going to get a long run in the morning and then check out a friends new Crossfit Grand Opening.  I don't think I'll get to do their WOD since I have to work at 11:00 AM but I can at least go and check it out.  I am really ready for the weekend!

No comments: